Monday, February 8, 2010

CBII Book11: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Jane Austen & Seth Grahame Smith

I have an admission. I've never read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and, as such, I don't think it would be fair to either Austen or Smith to give an honest review without having the comparison. I'll admit, I'm kind of on the fence about the whole thing and I'm not sure whether it's due to the original work or the additions that Smith has made. Therefore I'm going to cop-out on this one and review both of them together upon completing Austen's original work. I want to like it but there's just something nagging at me and I need to know who's going to get a taste of my wrath. I have my suspicions, but I would rather be accurate in my critique as 'classics' tend to be a fairly contentious issue.

Her Fooshyness may see fit to call me on this "review" but I promise that the dual review will more than make up for it.

2 comments:

  1. I read P&P many, many times and picked up the zombie one on a whim. I had some major issues with it. I'm eager to see if you have similar issue since you are reading them the other way 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the original P&P. Best book ever. I haven't read this new one but my daughter has and she liked it. She thought it was a funny twist. And she loves the original as well.

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete